Friday, July 9, 2010

Ashes to Ashes

As the rain drops fall on my face,

Your memory I still can't seem to erase,

You are the one who taught me how to love,

The one who taught me to rise above,

Above and beyond my own limitations,

Above and beyond my own accusations,

You taught me to have no fears,

To keep dreaming through the tears,

And as the tears stain my face and sting my eyes,

I can't help but think of the lies,

Your lies,

My lies,

The lies of the flies surrounding my rotting heart,

My heart that has been utterly torn apart,

But as i walk down this lonely road in the rain,

I will embrace and rise above the pain,

Just as the mighty phoenix rises from the ashes of his own death,

So shall I rise up and once more take life's breath.

Watch me...as I soar....

No comments:

Post a Comment