Friday, July 9, 2010

I am Darkness

I am darkness.

I have been swallowed by the abyss.

You told me you loved me but it was a lie.

I trusted in your words when I was called a fool.

I defended you when they called you cruel.

Now it continues to all crash around me.

I have become something I once despised.

The funny part is, you don’t even act surprised.

I have cried till there are no more tears.

I have come face to face with all my greatest fears.

I have stared God and the devil in the face.

I say to both of them, give me your worst.

For nothing could drag me farther into the darkness.

The darkness is my friend and comforter.

The place where I can almost forget her.

The place where it almost doesn’t hurt anymore.

The place that I was made for.

I embrace it and it embraces me.

I embrace it and become free.

Free of the chains and pains.

Free to watch the blood flow from my heart.

Free to reach in and rip everything apart.

Rip it apart until I become numb.

Numb to the scar, the pain, the betrayel of love.

Now you see, the darkness fits me like a glove.

My name........is Darkness....

1 comment:

  1. I think this is my favorite poem of yours that I have read so far because it talks about being free.

    ReplyDelete